• question-icon

Can i use Clindamycin phosphate and Nicotinamide gel for bacterial vaginosis?

Posted on Wed, 6 May 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I am suffering from bacterial vaginosis ? should i use clindamycin phosphate and nicotinamide gel ? and for how many days
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can use it.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for trusting us about your health care.

I can understand your concern here.

Bacterial vaginosis is a vaginal infection caused due to imbalance between normal bacterial flora.

Treatment is only indicated when symptoms are severe enough to cause discomfort otherwise it will resolve by it's own.

You can use clindamycin and nicotinamide gel for local application till the symptoms get resolve.

Maintain vaginal hygiene, never douche,consume healthy and balanced diet to treat bacterial vaginosis.

Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more.

Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 11 hours later
Thank you so much Dr. XXXXXXX
I have started using the gel from last night... I feel irritating there like itching at times.... and the smell is foul like fishy...!
I am keeping it clean and dry...! I use to douche alot thinking to keep clean... bu from now will not do.

And please also tell till how many days I can use this gel and how many times in a day?

Thank you

XXXXX XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Use bedtime for seven nights.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

You are most welcome.

Thanks for your kind words and we are always here to help you.

You can use it one time in the night for 7 nights.

Simultaneously you can use metronidazole tablet after your doctor consultation.

Hope it is useful.

Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Thanks again. I am doing this for 1st time and must say helping in this way is a big thing.
Impressed from the service.

Wel I have not yet consulted any doc. Yet.

I have BV in small amount like 4-5 times in day so is it just a start or need myself to get check.

And do this cause any problem in future?
Sorry I am asking so many questions but little worried because of this.

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You are most welcom.

Detailed Answer:

You are most welcome.

Please do not hesitate in asking your questions, I feel happy to aid you.

If bacterial vaginosis having mild symptoms than you will relieve by taking clindamycin gel.

You should not worry about i, recurrence occur in future but if you take precautions it will not recurre.

Hope it is useful.

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN