Can i travel by flight with a nerve damage in foot?

Rheumatologist
Question
Hi,my name is XXXXXXX and I am 35yr female.My concerns are flying in a plane next week to see a rheumatologist. After rupturing my planter fascia 2.5 yes ago,leaving me with nerve damage in r foot. Since then I have developed CRPS in lower and upper limbs. Symptoms include , from 24/7 constant pain causing mobility problems to sharps shoots of acute pain from r leg up spine to shoulders and left temple. My hands and feet have constant pins and needles and are very cold or burning. During my injury I lost 5cms of r calf which I have worked hard to build that back up ,it still constantly knots up and needs weekly ultrasound treatment. My local gp is away,and I am unsure if it is safe to fly and what precautions to I need to take? Your advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Lupus

Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
safe

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query

I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today.

Yes, it is safe to fly; but be sure to move ankle joint time to time or walk in plane after every 1-2 hrs ( just to prevent thrombosis in leg)

Hope this helps and provides answers to your question. If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to ask me again
I wish you good health, take care

Dr. Alok