Can i take unwanted 72 after unprotected sex?

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: hello, im XXXXXXX i had sex with my boyfreind yesterday night around 3 am.. wich is a unprotected sex
now im really scared about it im taking unwanted 72 right now that is 8 hrs frm sex?? is there any chance of getting pregnant??
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Safe

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply

1. Since you have taken medicines for plan B the pregnancy of chances are almost nil.

2. Take the medicines as prescribed and complete the course.

3. Dont worry about pregnancy.

4. Next time be oral contraceptive or other form of long term medication.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 18 minutes later
is there any sideffects of taking unwanted 72? & will my periods be regular? chances of pregnany??
does 1 pill is enough to stop pregnancy?
i want more deteailed answr plz..
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details

Detailed Answer:

There are 2 tablets in pack .

each tablet to be taken 24 hours but within 72 hours.

Periods might get irregular for next cycle only due to pills.Chances of pregnancy are very low. almost nil.

There may be abdominal pain and vomiting as side effect. Dont worry. Not major.

Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 9 hours later
thank you dr.
but i took unwanted 72 wch contains only 1 pill... that is enough rit?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Ok

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thats good enough. Dont worry