Can i take tetracycline on empty stomach?

Question
I am taking 250mgx4 every day to treat tropical sprue. I take it every 5 hours starting early morning. This plus 5mlg of folic acid. I am nauseous all the time since I started the treatment three weeks ago--I have at least another 2 months to go! I am not hungry because of this, and I am supposed to try to reverse the weight loss I am experiencing from the disease. Is it better to take this tetracycline on a empty or a fed stomach? Any suggestions for dealing with the nausea will be greatly appreciated.
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
What is the medicine

Detailed Answer:

I think you had forgotten to mention what is the name of the drug that you take 250mg 4 times a day.

Tetracycline should be taken between meals, that is one hour before meal. Take one glass of water along with it so that the nausea experience is dimnished.