Can i take tetracycline on empty stomach?

Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I am taking 250mgx4 every day to treat tropical sprue. I take it every 5 hours starting early morning. This plus 5mlg of folic acid. I am nauseous all the time since I started the treatment three weeks ago--I have at least another 2 months to go! I am not hungry because of this, and I am supposed to try to reverse the weight loss I am experiencing from the disease. Is it better to take this tetracycline on a empty or a fed stomach? Any suggestions for dealing with the nausea will be greatly appreciated.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
What is the medicine

Detailed Answer:

I think you had forgotten to mention what is the name of the drug that you take 250mg 4 times a day.

Tetracycline should be taken between meals, that is one hour before meal. Take one glass of water along with it so that the nausea experience is dimnished.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli