Can i take probiotics after stopping antibiotics?

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Wed, 28 May 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am currently taking an antibiotic for an infected ingrown hair. After i finish the antibiotics, is there a specific protocol to take probiotics?
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
can be used with or directly after

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

There is no specific protocol. Probiotics are sometimes even used along antibiotics in some persons especially those who have diarrhoea when on antibiotics

The probiotics help to reduce the diarrhoea in those persons.

There are different types of probiotics, they can be obtained naturally in foods such as yogurts or as a supplement.

The exact dosing of the supplements may vary according to the brand used.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions