question-icon

Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?

Posted on Sat, 27 Sep 2014
Question: does paxil enhance clonidine , is there a possibility it does?
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis (28 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Sometimes it does

Detailed Answer:

Clonidine reduces blood pressure and heart rate. Sometimes it may cause orthostatic symptoms (abrupt hypotension when standing up from the recumbent position) particularly when starting it. Paroxetine (Paxil) may potentiate the orthostatic effect of clonidine and cause heart rate changes. It is important to check your blood pressure and heart rate before starting paroxetine and monitor significant changes after any dosage increase.

If you're taking other drugs too, then please write the full list so I can give you a more complete answer.

I hope you've found the answer you were looking for!
If you need me to clarify anything, please let me know.
Kind Regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis