Can i take Nexpro for longer period inspite of having constipation?

Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Sir I am 64 years My Doctor has diagnosed that I do not have normal bawl movement and prescribed Nexpro 40 in morning and Cintapro in night. Can these be continued for long period. My doctor Passed away
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Normally there are advised for 4-6 weeks

Detailed Answer:

Normally this both drugs are prescribed when it is suspected that your bowel movements are sluggish and there is some disturbance with your digestive system.

The routine treatment is advised for about 4-6 weeks maximum.

You should be fine with this in that treatment period.

Along with this please do following which should be helpful.

>Maintain active life,do some regular exercise like walking
> Avoid pain killer medications
>Drink plenty of liquids
>Take more of vegetables and fruits
> Avoid spicy foods and maize products.

In spite this measures and drugs taken you do not feel well,then you need to consult some doctor may be another family physician or physician and do as per his advice.

Dr.Pragnesh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad