Can i increase tramadol dosage inspite of having pain?

Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Pain Management
Question: My doctor said I could take 2 tramadol and 2 ibuprophen for pain. It does not seem to help that much. Can I take 3 50 mg tramadol and one ibuprophen?
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take it but be aware of side effect.

Detailed Answer:

Hello

I have studied your case,

Tramadol 100 mg should be sufficient but if its not working then you can take more tab but be aware of side effects of tramadol.

You can titrate by 100 mg increments every 2 to 3 days if needed for pain control
But Maximum: 300 mg/day only you should take.
Consult your doctor before increasing dose.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.
If you find this answer helpful do not hesitate to rate this answer at end of discussion.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj