Can i have unprotected sex despite of having herpes?
You can infect her even if you have no symptoms.
I read carefully your query and understand your concern.
If you have genital herpes you can infect your partner even if you don't have symptoms of herpes at the moment.
If you have herpes, you should tell your sex partner(s) and let her know that you do and the risk involved.
Using condoms may help lower this risk but it will not get rid of the risk completely. Having sores or other symptoms of herpes can increase your risk of spreading the disease.
If the diagnosis of genital herpes is established ,you should have only protected intercourse by using condom every time,because even if you do not have any symptoms, you can still infect your sex partners.
Hope my answer has helped.
Let me know if you have any other question or doubt to clarify,I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Oral sex genital herpes transmission
- Oral sex and herpes transmission
- Diagnosed with herpes zoster had unprotected sex is it contagious
- Herpes simplex and oral sex
- Herpes sex no transmission
- Blister on penis unprotected sex herpes
- Oral sex herpes transmission risk
- Herpes and sex
- Bump on penis had unprotected sex herpes or syphilis
- Contracting herpes from oral sex