Can i have Iburoprofen while being on Propranolol?
See description please
Thank You for contacting HCM. My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.
I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. You asked two questions. I'll explain both separately for your ease:
1. Propranolol v/s Local anesthesia(LA):
There is interaction of few local anesthetic agents like bupivacaine BUT most of the LA agents do not cause interaction. So you need to tell your treating doctor before procedure so that he can choose LA agent accordingly.
2. Yes you can take ibuprofen with propranolol. There is no known interaction between these two. However one human body varies from other so there is slight chance(may be less than 1%) in which an interaction may occur.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
Increases duration of action
In most cases it increases the duration of action of LA or if patient is having heart problem then potentiates it.
Its good step that you informed the doctor. Now he will make sure that the medicines he use are safe for you.
Feel free to get back for if you have any query.
SSRIs may be if assistance; visit your nearest doctor for prescrition
Thank you for the follow-up query.
Its absolutely fine. You need not to worry. There are some anxiolytics like SSRIs but they are prescription only meds so you need to visit a psychiatrist for the prescription.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Propranolol and cigarettes
- Why is it bad to smoke cigarettes while on propranolol
- Can you excerise while taking propranolol 20mg
- Can u smoke while taking propranolol
- Propranolol and marijuana
- Can you exercise while on propranolol
- Propranolol and colonoscopy
- Propranolol hayfever
- Propranolol for palpitation
- Can you smoke cigs while takikg propranolol