Can i give Ibuprofen oral suspension for stomach infection?

General Surgeon
Question
My kid could not take dolo drops paracetamol suspension may i give him i b u c oral suspension . my kide is suffering from stomach infection from past 2 days he is vomiting and feverish
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can give Ibuprofen and Paracetamol

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Ms XXXXXXX

I assume you meant Ibuprofen oral suspension. You can definitely give combination of Paracetamol and Ibuprofen oral suspension.
It would be helpful if you could provide following additional information
1. What is the age of baby
2. What are symptom kindly let me know the details

Awaiting your response

Best regards
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX
MBBS, MS, MCh
Consultant Pediatric Surgeon

Follow-up: Can i give Ibuprofen oral suspension for stomach infection? 35 minutes later
Hello doctor
Baby is 1 year and 7 months and weight is 9 kg. breast feeding and solids we were giving. from past 2 days he is vomiting 4-6 times and fever is around 101. we met doc and he suggested dolo drops paracetemol oral suspension or fever 1.5 ml. but he vomits after giving that. I was giving IBU C ibrufene and paracetamol suspension for fever before which he takes without any trouble . so may I give that again. yes then pls prescribe quantity

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dosage mentioned

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Greetings

You can give him Ibuprofen and Paracetamol suspension. The dosage us 8 mg per kilogramme body weight of Ibuprofen that is 70 mg per dose of Ibuprofen given thrive a day.
For vomiting you can give him Syrup Domperidone 2 ml thrice a day.

Do keep me updated about the progress

Best regards
Dr Deepak