Can i get pregnant inspite of no ejaculation?

Dr. Monika Choudhary

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 19 Apr 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: Hello doctor - I have a question related to possible pregnancy. I have an average of 35 day cycle and my last period started on Feb 11 and ended on Feb 15. I had sex with my boyfriend on Feb 19th and he was wearing a condom and did not ejaculate inside of me. We also checked for any leaks in the condom later and there werent any. What is the possibility that this can lead to a pregnancy. I have been reading a bit about precum and he had not ejaculated atleast for 24hrs before we had sex. I am 2 days late for my period so am getting stressed out. Can you please tell me what is the possibility I could be pregnant. Also, is the method we follow safe - We use (Condom + Pull Out) on days when I expect to be least fertile. Please let me know. Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Chances of pregnancy are negligible Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. Ovulation occurs 14 days before your expected date. Fertile period is 2 days before & 3 days after ovulation & you had sex in safe period while using barrier method so chances of pregnancy are negligible. However as you are missing your period get serum beta-HCG test done to rule out pregnancy. Instead of using barrier method you can use combined oral contraceptive pills after consulting your doctor that are most effective. I will be available for your further queries. Regards
Follow up: Dr. Monika Choudhary 4 hours later
Thank you Doctor...If my partner were wearing a condom the whole time even after he pulled out and never ejaculated anywhere near me, is there a possibility of the precum leaking through the condom, getting inside of me to get me pregnant? I will be testing shortly for pregnancy but I am not able to get through the night thinking about the possibilities. Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 48 hours later
Brief Answer: Failure rate of condom is more than oral pills Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome back. Sperm or precum can not leak until there is hole or tear in condom. Even there can be exposure accidentally due to slippage of condom during intercourse. So it will be better to take combined low dose pills. I hope for the best. Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D