Can hypothyroidism cause fatigue?

Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: hi am 40 years old male working, I always feel low and my eyes soars / feel heavy, I have to spend 7-8 hours in front of computers
pls advice
Answered by Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
thyroid leads to fatigue

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for query.
I read the message. Hypothyroidism leads to fatigue, But don't worry take regular thyroid medications. High fiber diet and Regular physical activity is mandatory.
As you are spending more than 7-8 hrs in front of system, you have have these eye soars.Take a break for 10 mins after every hour, As you are 40 there are lot of chances of presbiopia. I suggest you to meet the ophthalmologist.
Get a thyroid profile done.

Get back to me if any query.

Dr VSK
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng