Can high lipoprotein levels cause cardiovascular disease?
I have attached the complete blood test report pl.
You need to start treatment for high cholesterol
High Lipoprotein levels in the body generally indicate high cholesterol deposits in the arteries which increase the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
As you are diabetic you are at high risk to have high cholesterol than a healthy person.
I’ve gone through all of your blood reports and are showing you have good control on diabetes in the last 3 months but your fasting sugars are little not which needs to take care of.
I’ve seen lipid profile as well in which again your triglycerides are high which can cause your coronary artery disease. This should be managed with
1. Dietary modification
2. Daily physical activity
3. Medication for high cholesterol
It’s advisable for you to consult with you Endocrinologist or Diabetes Specialist Personally to start a new medication.
You should also get a basic cardiac evaluation done which includes ECG, Echocardiography and a treadmill test that will be a preventive measure for cardiovascular disease.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
No need to worry
As you are already taking Rozavel for your cholesterol levels and also maintains healthy lifestyle routine so there is no need to add any other medication because from your lupus profile reports I can see you have good levels of HDL which is considered as good cholesterol and normal levels of LDL which is a bad cholesterol so there is nothing to worry.
The situation becomes worrisome when LP a goes high along with high levels of LDL cholesterol. But as in your case, LDL is within normal range so there is no need to add any other medication.
Just stay physically active with daily exercise and a healthy diet and you will be fine.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Bhanu Partap, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cardiovascular disease score
- High cholesterol cardiovascular disease
- Lactitol is useful in cardiovascular disease
- Kidney disease and cardiovascular disease
- Primary prevention of cardiovascular disease
- Cortisone and cardiovascular disease
- Cardiovascular disease causes
- Lactitol in cardiovascular disease
- Cardiovascular disease and renal failure
- Premature cardiovascular disease causes
- Is blood pressure of 131/69 a cause for concern?
- Suggest remedies for pain in the left side of the chest
- What does this lipid profile test report indicate?
- What does a calcium level of 135 indicate?
- What causes fluctuations in BP readings?
- What does this ECG report indicate?
- What causes left-sided pain in the chest?
- What causes profuse sweating post a valve replacement heart surgery?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the testicle
- Is Sotalol intake 12 hours after missing a dose advisable?