Can high blood pressure cause a stroke?
High blood pressure causes Haemorrhagic stroke.
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Age of 80 and a blood pressure of 199:91 with a mean arterial pressure of 126 is a very strong risk for haemorrhagic stroke if the blood pressure remained this high. You need to maintain the systolic to less than 160 at least to reduce the odds of stroke. You need a prompt control of blood pressure and diet and lifestyle modifications. And the doctor who thinks high blood pressure can not cause stroke should reconsider his knowledge standards.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of high blood pressure
- Epidural steroid injection high blood pressure stroke
- Food cause high blood pressure
- High blood pressure and stroke
- Twitching eye high blood pressure or stroke
- Nyquil cause high blood pressure
- Tonsillitis cause high blood pressure
- Lucozade causes high blood pressure
- Alcohol cause high blood pressure
- Sudafed cause high blood pressure