Can high BP and gastritis cause nausea and dizziness?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Tue, 9 Oct 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I feel just sick enough not to go to work or other physical activities. Slit nousious, no fever, can eat. This happens once maybe twice a year. This is day two, yesterday I finished work, took my daughter to the pool and went to the store. By dinner time I enjoyed the brown rice, but not the crab legs. It is like I am at 95% well and tomorrow I should be back 100%. But no, it usually lasts five days.
It is like my head has pressure with slit dizziness. I performed a few physical activities, but now I need to lay down. Rick age 67

So where does my answer come?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Various possible reasons

Detailed Answer:

Your symptoms like nausea without fever then this is probably due to gastritis, acid reflux or H.pylori infection. So, I would recommend that you take a test for H.pylori infection.

Meanwhile, take Metoclopramide (Primperan) every eight hours to relieve this sensation together with Omeprazole once daily for the next 2-3 days.

As for the sense of pressure in your head and the dizziness, this could be due to high blood pressure or sinusitis.

So, I would recommend that you measure your blood pressure at first and if found normal, take an antihistaminic like Levocetirizine once daily before going to bed for the next 2-3 days.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Salah Saad Shoman, Internal Medicine Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee