Can hernia surgery be done 25 hours after shooting Methamphetamine?

Posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi
I have a hernia surgery scheduled early tomorrow morning. I shot up meth about 25 hours ago. I feel perfectly fine. I have slept and drank a ton of liquid, etc. I also have a track mark scab that's drying up and look ok... but will they still do the surgery? I am waiting for the anesthesiologist to call me as the thing I guess they do the night before. I just don't know if I should have it done.... or cancel it now and complete my rehab. However this surgery should would make it easier to stay clean as I will down in bed for awhile etc.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Go for Anesthesiologist's check up and discuss frankly

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
I read it carefully and happy to know that you care for what has happened and ready to accept the facts as they are.
I think it is better to go for Anesthesiologist's check up, discuss with him the facts and I hope He/She should be happy that you shared the truth.
I am bit worried about the scab which is seen in the picture and you should show this to the Doctor and get an opinion whether this is infected or not. If there is infection underneath the scab, it is better to wait as they must be putting the mesh for hernia repair and some Surgeon do not like infection anywhere in the body in an active state as the bacteria circulating in the body can infect the mesh and it is a bad complication.

Secondly your taking the shot 25 hours ago is whether a hindrance or not can be told to you by your anesthetist alone on examination.

Thirdly as you have rightly said, the hernia is asymptomatic and you can wait for it. Even though you are going for rehab, it does not matter and getting further appointment can be still in a better position by all means.

Please do not feel Embarrassed or ashamed, Most of the Doctors like the XXXXXXX patients.

I hope I have clearly put in all the pron and cons and would be liked by you.
Please feel free to ask further relevant queries if you have or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

I shall be happy to know the discussion you had with your Doctor and the decisions taken
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon