Can hepatitis B infection cause false positive VDRL test results?
VDRL and TPHA may give false positive results with hepatitis B.
VDRL and TPHA may give false positive results with hepatitis B. But in your uploaded report, hepatitis B is most likely negative (please confirm it).
Reactive VDRL and TPHA may indicate syphilis. Up to 30 % cases may have positive VDRL and TPHA after one year of treatment but your history is very old (1991), so this can't be the factor in your case. And past infection doesn't protect the individual from future infection. However we need proper clinical evaluation to diagnosis syphillis. I will urge you to visit a doctor who after detailed medical history can examine for syphilitic ulcer or chancre, rash, lymphadenopathy. Diagnosis of this condition will be based on these factors and not entirely from the blood report.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Flu vaccine hepatitis b false positive
- False positive hepatitis b test
- Hepatitis b staph infection
- Chronic hepatitis b infection
- Hepatitis b false positive causes
- Hepatitis b positive done profile interpretation of results
- Hepatitis b blood test results
- Hepatitis b antibody test results
- Positive for hepatitis b tests done advise
- Chain of infection hepatitis b