Can having Prilosec four months prior cause any side-effects?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I took 14 day Prilosec, finishing a month ago. Started 2nd 14 day Prilosec 4 days ago and then saw I should have waited 4 months. What problems/ symptoms will I see from this mistake

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Nothing serious

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your questiona nd i understand your concerns but there is no need to worry as the expected side effects are self limited and not serious .. these side effects include Blurred vision, dryness of the mouth and headache . please discontinue taking the tablets and replace with ranitidine for heart burn symptoms when needed..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng