Can haemorrhoids cause epididymitis?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: could hemorrhoids help cause epididymitis?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No, it does not

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

Let me assure you that hemorrhoids and epididymitis are two entirely different entities and one cannot cause or help in causing the other. Hemorrhoids occurs primarily due to constipation although it has a connection with the quality of food and digestion. Sitz bath can provide relief. Epididymytis on the other hand is most often caused due to certain viral infections and use of T-Bandage can provide relief. However, if the scrotum with the testicles with epididymitis gets dipped in the hot waer of Sitz bath, epididymitis may get worsened. That is all the connection that I can find.

Let me know if you have any further queries and I would be glad to help.