Can gluten cause skipped heartbeats?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 10 Jun 2014 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Question: Can gluten make your heart skip beats
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
NO, gluten cannot cause skipped heartbeats

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I a so sorry to hear about these skipped heartbeats. Have these skipped beats been confirmed by doing a heart exam and test? If not, please get it confirmed before you start acting on this as a heart concern.

Gluten cannot cause skipped heartbeats. Gluten is known to cause intolerance in some persons with gluten sensitivity but has nit been shown to have such effects on the heart.

I hope this addresses your query fully. I wish you well and thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarification if need be.