Can giardia cause sore throat?

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: can you get a sore throat with giardia
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Giardia is not a cause of sore throat

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Giardia is not a causative agent for sore throat.
It is a cause for gut infections and mostly causes traveller's diarrhoea.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!

Recent questions on  Diarrhoea

I ve been pretty sick fora week. It began when my GP thought I might have clot in my right leg (swelling, redness , warmth) so she sent me to the hospital for a sonogram. It was negative, but the doctor there wanted me to come back the next day.I...

My 4 month old boy poop is somewhat whitish yellow/lime color since 2/3 days and its loose in nature .Previously his poop color was sometimes yellow and greenish in color. It is sign of worry for this whitish yellow/lime nature.

Hi My wife is now almost 38 weeks pregnant. Today she had uneasiness in stomach and had loose motions . Is this the start of labour. How and when do we go to the Emergency or Hospital ?

i have been suffering from stomach acidity doctor prescribed me pan 40 and perinom tablets but after 4 days of prescription, im suffering from loose motion in the morning -diarrhoea

I was vacationing in new york and returned to california on December 1. I ate a lot of street food in New York. On my flight home, I had stomach upset and nausea already. In the evening of Dec.1 I vomited a lot and subsequently had diarrhea . I also had low grade fever for 1 day. Though I am better, with good appetite , my stools have remained not formed. It s not liquid diarrhea but some parts are just sandy or grainy and the others are like shredded. I have bloating and mild nausea, and continue to have abdominal cramps. What kind of infection do you think I have? Thanks.

Three days ago I went to the local emerg department with nausea , vomitting, dizziness , headache and strong abdominal pain . They took blood and urine samples, performed xray and ct scans. They gave me fluids, pain meds, gravol, and antibiotics intravenously. Nothing showed up on the tests they did. I began to have diarrhea twenty hours after being admitted to the hospital. They felt my illness was likely gastrointestinal . I was released from the hospital at my request. The pain has lessened dramatically in the last three days. My eyes have a yellow tinge to them, though are white where my eyelid sits. They also have a slight film, which seems like just clear fluid, over them.My stool is slowly becoming less watery but is very foul smelling and has changed colour. It is very dark; almost black. I suppose that the yellowing of my eyes is most troubling as this has never occurred before. Wondering what my next steps should be? Is this illness just running its course or should I be re-examined?

Ok my son has had diarrhea and vomiting Tuesday and Wednesday just loose stool. No fever except Tuesday eveing only 100. He went to school today and came home feeling terrible. He said after he dank from the water fountain he started feeling bad. Now he has had diarrhea and vomiting since he got home from school. His temp is 98 with blood shot eyes? Any thoughts. Should I take him to the doctor in the morning?