• question-icon

Can gentle exercises be done while treating myocardial infarction?

Posted on Tue, 11 Jul 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I got acute heart attack (myocardial infraction) on 08 /04/2017. there was two block in my heart. i am visiting my cardiologist and is involve in light physical activity.
i am a manual worker , which is labor class and physical demanding jobs.current i am not working and planing to apply for insurgence cover. i will request my local cardiologist for a certificate regarding restriction or fitness to work as laborer class.or physical demanding work.
can you please advise me regarding the matter that "are there any restriction/limitation for heart attack survivor to laboring or physically demanding work
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical details provided by you I would like to tell you that the amount of physical activity permitted to a survivor of a heart attack depends upon few things

1. How significant was the heart attack ?
2. How much damage the heart muscles have undergone?
3. Within what time the treatment was received?
4. How favourable were the treatment results?
5. What's the current cardiac function status?

Combining all these factors will give us the prognosis.

As such there is nothing like that a heart attack survivor cannot do sternous physical activity. What it depends upon is how good the recovery is and how's the patient symptoms status.

I hope this information will answer your question. Feel free to ask me back if you have any more doubts.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist