Can gallbladder cause bloating and yellow stools?
Can be dyspepsia.
As per me the symptoms you are having are covered under a broad term called dyspepsia.
Dyspepsia is an umbrella term which covers symptoms like bloating belching excess gas formation problem with stools as well as acid peptic problems and pain in the abdomen.
You feel as if something is inflamed under your ribs on the right site which is again a classical symptom of the acid peptic problem.
Please correct me if I am wrong here I am considering pain on right side under your ribs and not below your ribs.
Basically, all these things are interconnected for eg when the gut is inflamed due to acid problem food won't be digested properly.
This undigested food is acted upon by a number of bacteria and fungi causing the production of a large amount of gas.
Inflammation along the gut wall is the cause of pain. Foul smell in the stool is again suggestive of fact that it has loads of bacterias (Degradation of protein by them causes stool to smell foul).
Now as per your query my dear; pathologies related to gallbladder usually involves the upper right quadrant of the abdomen and usually are not seen along ribs.
Secondly, pain is classically radiated to the back of your shoulders.
As per your query yes you can go for an ultrasound upper abdomen.
Whether to go for a CT or any other test depends on the findings of ultrasound.
If you were my patient I would have given you
A probiotic with a proton pump inhibitor and antibacterial and Protozoal for 3 days.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Ramesh Kumar, Gastroenterologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Acidophilus causing yellow stools
- Foods that cause yellow stool
- Yellow stool and bloating and late period
- Yellow stool and bloating in adults
- Yellow stool bloating vison blurry
- Causes of yellow stools diagnosis
- Beer causes yellow stool
- Metformin cause yellow stools
- Protonix cause yellow stool
- Yellow stool after gallbladder removal
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses