Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Can flotral be consumed lifelong?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 466 Questions
I am 67 yrs male consuming FLOTRAL 10mg since last 6 yrs. Can i continue for lifelong?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 54 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Flortal contains Alfuzosin which is used for the symptoms of enlarged prostate as urinary frequency,urgency,weak stream etc and it relaxes the bladder muscles so helps in urinating.
It is associated with side effects as low BP,headache,dizziness,respiratory infection etc.
I hope you are taking it under a Medical supervision.The drug can be taken after proper follow ups as in the long term prostate can cause issues as increase in size or any growth may develop.The drug and dosage should not be stopped or adjusted by itself and only after proper evaluation it can be decided regarding its use and continuation.
If the tumour markers and prostate size are fine then there is no harm in continuing the medication.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor