Can fibromyalgia cause swollen lymph nodes?
Painful lymph nodes unlikely to be fibromyalgia...get FNAC done
Thanks for the query to healthcare magic.com for an opinion,
I empathize with your concern for painful lymph node swellings below mandible ( jaw bone), neck and antecubital fossa areas. Keeping in mind that you are a diagnosed case of fibromyalgia, which is a symptom complex of varied manifestations like :
Chronic muscle pain, muscle spasms, or tightness, Insomnia , Stiffness upon waking or after staying in one position for too long, Jaw and facial tenderness, Feeling anxious or depressed and even sometimes numbness or tingling in the face, arms, hands, legs, or feet.
But lymph node swelling has not been seen per se associated with it. So it is suggested that you should visit your physician and discuss the possibility of getting a FNAC or fine needle aspiration cytology done which can help establishing the cause after a histopathological diagnosis.
The lower back ache at present may not be a cyst at all or just may be a symptom of fibromyalgia per se but a thorough gynaecological checkup with a ultrasound pelvis can always be done to rule out any primary cause of infection or any lymph disorder which can be a differential diagnosis in your case.
Nevertheless an FNAC should clinch the diagnosis.
Please discuss the options with your physician and take an informed decision.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Smoking cause swollen lymph node
- Nicotine cause swollen lymph nodes
- What cause swollen lymph nodes
- Will costochondritis cause swollen lymph nodes
- Dentures causes swollen lymph nodes
- Causes swollen lymph node groin
- Implanon causing swollen lymph nodes
- Pimples causing swollen lymph nodes
- Causes swollen lymph nodes neck
- Causes of swollen lymph nodes
- Is pregnancy possible without ovulation?
- Is pregnancy possible due to sex on 8th day from menstruation?
- At what age does a girl start to ovulate ?
- Is chemical hair straightening safe for a breast feeding woman?
- Can i have abdominal hysterectomy despite having IBS?
- What causes discomfort and pain in pelvic region?
- How to determine the expected date of delivery using last menstrual period?
- What does my ultrasound report suggest?
- Suggest treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease
- Suggest treatment for Rubella infection