Can fibromyalgia cause pain in the back, neck and breasts?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Sat, 6 Oct 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hello this is for Dr Sharka as I keep trying to find out how to treat my issue I would like ur opinion yesterday evening I started having a pain in left breast that goes towards sturnum as well sometime right but mostly left that comes and goes as well as neck pain and upper back pain they come and go sometimes with movement there is no shortness of breath I am pretty sure this is my fybro and costo but would like ur opinion if u think it is cardiac I had blood and ecg and stress test done in dec all normal
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Could be indicative of fibromyalgia.

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern and would explain that your symptoms could be related to fibromyalgia, as long as inflammation tests result normal.

I would exclude any possible cardiac disorders, as all your tests resulted normal and also your symptoms are not typical of a cardiac disorder.

So, I would not recommend performing any additional cardiac tests, as I am sure that they will result normal.

From the other hand, considering the neck pain and the pain in this region.

I would recommend performing a cervical spine MRI study to exclude any possible bulging disc in this region, which could cause irradiating nerve pain in the chest.

Fibromyalgia remains a possible diagnosis, if all the other tests (including the cervical spine MRI result normal).

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist