Can fibromyalgia cause inflammation in the joints and muscles?
I have read your query.
You are asking query which is research bases as lot of research is going on.
As research prove that pain in fibromyalgia is due to Central sensitization i.e occurs when the central nervous system becomes hyper-stimulated and over-reacts to stimuli, including pain and other sensory input such as light, noise, and odors.
This is the reason pain is not controlled by most of painkillers and steroids.
I usually advise fluoxetine/ cymbalta tablets for treatment of my patients, you are already taking it.
A 2010 study suggests that it could be the fascia—a thin layer of connective tissue that surrounds most internal structures—that's inflamed in fibromyalgia.
But its not proved otherwise as it may be due to pseudo inflammation.
I hope you have got the answer.
Dr.chander XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Muscle pain fibromyalgia
- Fibromyalgia muscle weakness
- Fibromyalgia muscle spasms treatment
- Fibromyalgia and swollen joints
- Fibromyalgia and pubococcygeus muscle
- Fibromyalgia and burning muscles
- Causes of fibromyalgia in women
- Fibromyalgia muscle and nerve pain
- Fibromyalgia hardening of the muscles
- Natural muscle relaxants for fibromyalgia
- What does MRI report taken after lower limb pain suggest?
- Suggest dosage of albendazole 400mg for thread worm?
- What is the treatment for aritis spine,hoarseness in voice,heavy chest...
- Which surgeon should I consult for torn ligaments?
- Should I consult a doctor for raised black knot on side after a fall?
- Will I be disabled due to arm and carpel tunnel surgery?
- Can injury from the left leg cause the damage to right knee after...
- What is the treatment for painful boil in nose for insulin dependents?
- Is it possible that previous knee injuries cause problems in hip joint?
- What is the cause for pain and burning sensation in right arm and thigh?