Can fallopian tubes be repaired after being removed?

Dr. Shanti Vennam

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: I had a ectopic pregnancy and one often tubes was removed can it be repaired
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Salpingostomy can be done with partial removal.

Detailed Answer:

If one of the fallopian tubes was completely removed, tubal reconstruction may often be complicated. If partial removal was done, salpingostomy or re-anastomosis of the remaining part of the tube to the uterus can be done.

I will be able to comment further if you can provide me some feed back about the mode of treatment, the time interval until now, and any postoperative significant happenings.

Hope I have clarified your query. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj