question-icon

Can falling on the buttocks cause diaphragm spasms and flushing around the neck?

Posted on Wed, 22 Aug 2018
Question: I slipped and fell about an hour ago.
I hit my lower back and buttocks
I could not get up right away but soon after I felt like I had the wind knocked out of me and my face and neck were flushed.

Should I go to the hospital ?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant (53 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Should go the hospital as early as possible.

Detailed Answer:

The symptoms as you have noted surely needs a clinical evaluation, examination by a Doctor and necessary investigations to get an exact extent of the problems. The fall might've caused this and thus it will be possible to get a proper diagnosis or rule out the cause and get treated accordingly.

Better to rush to a nearby ER/Hospital.
Many of the complications get evident after some time if one waits and loses the golden hour of getting the proper diagnosis and management.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. T Chandrakant, General Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon