Can extremely high blood pressure levels in the range of 200/100 cause memory problems in an elderly patient?
Yes, likely due to high bp
Yes, it's likely due to hypertensive encephalopathy. This should resolve with time within a week or two. Care should be taken to avoid such elevation. Along with medicine, you should have a healthy lifestyle like avoiding fatty, oily and high-calorie diet. Have low salt diet and monitor blood pressure regularly thrice a day for one week then once or twice a week, and bp should not be persistently more than 140/90 mmhg. Regular exercises like brisk walking, walking according to your capacity at least 30 min a day and 5 days a week. Get your lipid profile and sugars tested once.
Hope this helps you and get back if you have any other doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Extreme headache with high blood pressure
- Causes of high blood pressure
- High blood pressure over 200
- High blood pressure levels
- High blood pressure 200 100
- Could extremely high blood pressure cause aphasia
- Decongestant for high blood pressure patients
- Can gastric problem cause high blood pressure
- High blood pressure 200 90
- High blood pressure problem
- Suggest treatment for extreme fatigue and nausea
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- Is an iron infusion advisable when having normal blood report?
- What causes intermittent chest pain?
- Suggest treatment for bronchospasm
- Can coumadin be taken before a thoracic aorta CTA procedure?
- What causes frequent heart palpitations during pregnancy?
- What does my angiogram result report indicate?
- Is blood pressure of 125/72 a cause for concern?
- What does my TLC result report indicate?