Can excessive stimulation of the vagus nerve have any effect on male orgasms?

Posted on Mon, 4 Sep 2017 in Men's Health
Question: Can over stimulation of the vagus nerve interfere in a male having a orgasm during sex?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Erection and ejaculation is largely governed by autonomic nervous system. The erection is caused by parasympathetic (read vagus) and ejaculation is caused by sympathetic nervous system.

In case there is over stimulation or under stimulation there is good chance that it will affect erection as well as ejaculation (orgasm).

I hope this answers you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.

Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 29 minutes later
Thank you very much. Knowing that helps a lot in trying to understand the vagus nerve and the vasovagal syncope and some of the many effects it can have on our body's functions. The more information I have the better. Thanks again.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.

I am glad to know that information was useful for you.

Write back to me if you have more questions.
I will be glad to answer them.
Thanks again.
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist