Can excessive caffeine intake cause irregular and rapid pulse?
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.
Drinking a lot of coffee alone may be responsible for rapid pulse and arrhythmia. However, other causes should be excluded including:
- Hormonal imbalance (hyperthyroidism)
- Heart failure.
This is why I would like to recommend doing the following examinations:
- Blood work (including hormonal balance)
- Cardiac echo
- Holter monitoring
Hope this willl be of help!
Wish you health!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does caffeine cause gynecomastia
- Does caffeine cause lipomas
- Excessive caffeine weak legs
- Excessive saliva caffeine
- Can caffeine intake cause panic attack and anxiety
- Caffeine thyroidectomy rapid heartrate
- Excess salivation and caffeine
- Effects of excessive caffeine
- Excessive caffeine and testicular pain
- Excess caffeine nose bleed