Can early diagnosis of schizophrenia save the child?
Most schizophrenia case have normal brain but you can get MRI done for baby
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my onservations below.
1. I have worked with more than a thousand schizophrenia patients in the last 3 years and many of them have a normal brain structure.
2. Schizophrenia or split mind is a condition of the mind and the brain structure is nearly normal in more than 99 percent of patients.
3. Doing a brain scan of your baby will not help to find out if she will grow up and have schizophrenia.
4. The only way you can check the brain development of your baby is by taking her to pediatrician and getting her examined for normal developmental stones.
5. If you have to get brain scan for your baby then you can get MRI scan brain and this can be done at any hospital or diagnostic center having MRI machine of 1.5T magnet.
Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.
Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia
- Diagnosis of bipolar borderline schizophrenia
- Diagnosis screening for schizophrenia
- Diagnosis of negative symptoms schizophrenia
- Diagnosis of catatonic schizophrenia
- Diagnosis of undifferentiated schizophrenia
- Diagnosis of resistant schizophrenia
- Diagnosis of disorganized schizophrenia
- Diagnosis of pediatiric schizophrenia
- Diagnosis of schizophrenia spectrum disorder