Can doxycycline hyclate cause a yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis?
No, for both of them
misoprostol is not supposed to cause yeast infections.
Antibiotics in general may sometimes make space for yeast infection but doxycycline itself has not been associated with a significant risk for that.
So the answer is no for both drugs. Bacterial vaginosis can sometimes be treated with doxycycline but this treatment is not recommended because it's not as effective as metronidazole or clindamycin treatment.
I hope you find my answer helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bacterial vaginosis infection bloated
- Doxycycline for bacterial vaginosis
- Suggest medication for chronic yeast infection and bacterial vaginosis
- Epididymitis caused by bacterial vaginosis
- Causes of bacterial vaginosis treatment
- Doxycycline hyclate for bacterial vaginosis
- What causes bacterial vaginosis
- Marijuana causes bacterial vaginosis
- Gum infection and bacterial vaginosis
- Bacterial vaginosis infection and gdm
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?