Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Can disc bulging and mild spondylosis of back cause pain in pelvic area?

Apr 2014
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 6487 Questions
Can Disc Buldging , And Mild spondylosis of the back cause, pain in the pelvic hip area ? I have been having a very wreching pain that moves from the Hip area to the groin for a few months now. I was wondering of these symptoms are consistant with above ailments, That would cause this Thanks
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes,Disc prolapse can cause pain in hip area. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Yes,your suffering may be due to disc prolapse.It causes pain in hip area. If possible,please upload MRI L/S spine reports.It is important to know nerve status,whether there is any compression on nerve roots or not due to disc prolapse.Status of spinal cord is also important to know. Radiation to groin area is unusual.There may be other causes like renal,ureteric calculus and it need to be excluded. You also need ultrasound of abdomen to exclude calculus.However Non contrast CT Scan of abdomen is the investigation of choice for caculus detection. Besides this you need routine investigations like routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,Lipid profile,Serum calcium and vitamin D level,Urine RE/ME. Proper treatment depends upon clinical findings and investigation reports. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor