Can diabetics or neuropathy cause burning sensation in the toes?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Trying to figure out if I have neuropathy or diabetes. I had severe sciatica about 3 years ago. Treated by chiropractor and it went away after many sessions. Now, My left calf gets stiff when walking on concrete. Toes on left foot feel uncomfortable when walking. Now, toes on left foot BURN severely when I sleep.
Thu, 14 Jun 2018 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can eb a disc related issue.

Detailed Answer:
The stiffness of calf and burning is likely to be due to a nerve root irritation. This can be due to a disc issue at the lower back. An MRI scan can help in proper diagnosis. This can be due to low levels of methylcobalamin also. Getting a blood test done will help in proper diagnosis.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal