Can depression cause brain atrophy and confusion?
Of course, mild atrophy is normal at your age.
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.
I have gone through your detailed clinical history and I must assure you that mild brain atrophy is normal at your age.It is actually 'age related brain atrophy'.
If you are too worried, a neurologist may be consulted to assess your higher mental functions, and hence to rule out the possibility of dementia. Of course, MRI can be done in this situation. However, without a neurological examination, it may just be an over investigation.
Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Brain therapy for depression
- Depressed brain vs normal brain
- Brain fog depression trouble concentrating lightheadedness confusion due to diet
- Does sizodon cause depression
- Does oxyelite cause depression
- Depression causes
- Depression after brain tumor surgery
- Taking suboxone effexor for depression vibration in brain cause
- Microvascular ischemic brain depression
- Cerebral atrophy and depression
- Is frequent headache a sign of multiple sclerosis?
- Suggest ways to use Scopolamine patch
- Suggest treatment for fever while having Parkinson's disease
- Suggest treatment for severe spasms and pain in the back and neck
- What causes dizziness and tingling sensation in the body while treating...
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in the fingers?
- What does the brain CT scan report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for numbness in the finger post an injury
- What causes sudden weakness on left side of the body?
- Are surgical corrections available for persistent muscle pain in scrotal...