Can deodorant cause lumps and rashes under the armpit?

Dr. Suma Parinam

Posted on Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: While using old spice deodorant I have broke out in a rash under my left arm pit I also have a lump that is/was hard it has began to leak fluid.What should I do as far as further treatment
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pics upload please

Detailed Answer:

Can you upload pics of the rash and the lump?
How is the fluid look like? Is it pus or blood?
How long you have this lump under the arm? Does it pain?
Since there is a break in the skin it leads to infection. I suggest to immediately apply over the counter antibiotic cream like neomycin. No more shaving under the arm pit till it heals.
You should not worry about the cut but should evalute for lump.
Follow up: Dr. Suma Parinam 2 hours later
it's blood but not much and is painful even to raise my arm ,I wasn't shaving it was a deodorant that I used I've tried hot water on it
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
Don't worry it self heals

Detailed Answer:
you should not worry. it heals on its own.