Can dengue fever relapse?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Infections
Question: Is it possible for dengue virus to reoccuu after 22 months of origional symtoms?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, it is possible but only if the dengue mosquito bites the same person

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Yes, it is possible for dengue to recur but only if the dengue mosquito bites the same individual introducing the virus once again in that individual.

I hope this helps answer your question sir. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad