question-icon

Can delayed periods indicate difficulty conceiving?

Posted on Wed, 1 Aug 2018
Question: my sister in law didnt get her periods from 2 month. Is she pregnant ? if not , is there any problem. Can these delayed periods will lead to difiiculty in conceiving
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal (6 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Please get her blood beta HCG testing.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting us with your healthcare.

I have gone through your history and attached reports and understand your concerns for your sister in law.

Delayed menses could be due to hormonal imbalance or pregnancy in her case.
In her USG report, it is not clear whether it is twin pregnancy or uterine abnormalities.
Endometrial thickness is increased.

She can go for blood beta HCG testing to rule out pregnancy at first.

Hope you found this useful, feel free to ask more information.

Good luck.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN