Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Can delayed menstruation be symptom of pregnancy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1989
Answered : 7251 Questions
Hi I'm two days delay with my menstration but my pregnancy test is negative if there is a possibility that I'm pregnant...thanks
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Can wait for another couple of days Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. If you have never missed a period and are regular with your contraception, you may wait for another couple of days to see if you have got a delayed period this one time. Also, you can get a home pregnancy test read properly if done 3-7 days after a missed period with a fresh early morning sample of urine. If you do not wish to wait and want a confirmation right away, you can get the serum beta-hCG titre assay and this is more sensitive and specific and thus, gives you a definite confirmation/exclusion of pregnancy. A trans-vaginal sonogram, done after a week will also aid you better. Finally, you should see a specialist for proper evaluation and further management. Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help. regards, Shanti.V.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor