Can dehydration cause fever, cold sweats and dry heaves?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 5 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My husband is 75 good health with VA. Dri heaves no fever, cold sweats.
YYYY@YYYY I suspect dehydration. Does not like to drink water, Stubborn!

What happened? I did not receive your answer to my question.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I recommend increased fluid intake. Any fevers? any other worries?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about what your husband is going through. Certainly, he should increase his fluid intake. In addition, I will like to know whether he has any fever, watery stools or any other symptoms. If he does, I will like to know.

If there are no other symptoms, increased fluid intake and rest would do. Also, encourage him to eat as much as possible.

I hope this helps. I wish your husband well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be. Keep me updated as well about his progress and response to the above measures.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 20 minutes later
No fever, Cool to the touch. Drank one glass of water and some chicken soup. More heaving. Is not drinking any more water. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. I don't know what to do.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
If he can't drink/eat, lead him to the hospital!

Detailed Answer:

I understand the difficulties with this. It is certainly unfortunate that you would have to deal with this. He must eat and drink to be in good shape and recover. If he cannot do so, he must be taken to the hospital for help.

Let me know how this goes. I wish you well and do keep your calm as this can be very frustrating.