Can dehydration affect beta hcg levels?
Thanks for the query.
normally dehydration may actually show increased levels of beta HCG in urine and possibly in blood also because as it will increase the concentration of fluids low levels also may appear as high,
by 5.5 weeks fetal pole has to be noticed in ultrasound generally, may be your recent illness might have affected the growth of the baby,
so better to repeat ultrasound after one week to come to a conclusion regarding the growth of fetus.
there are few cases in which low levels of HCG without doubling in required time came to normal after few days,
so let us hope for it.
meanwhile you continue your regular medicines.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
according to your gestational age at present beta HCG levels are normal,
means by today as it will be 5.6 weeks means 41 days from last menstrual period the HCG levels should be around 1080 IU/L,
but they are not getting doubled in time according to your previous reports,
sometimes as I told they can improve and pregnancy can progress successfully.
but we cannot completely rule out the possibility of miscarriage, so frequent monitoring is necessary.
the sickness can affect the general health of mother who will supply nutrients to baby, so because of deficient nutritional supply baby growth can get affected.
zithromax contains azithromycin which is category B drug in pregnancy means no fetal risk detected in animals but human studies are lacking, so possibly it may not affected your baby,
with proper nutritious diet, hydration, regular medication and rest the baby can improve the growth,
so you better undergo repeat ultrasound and hcg levels after one week which can detect the progress.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can dehydration cause hcg levels to dip
- Can being dehydrated affect urine hcg levels
- Dehydration and slow rising hcg levels
- Can dehydration affect hcg levels
- Hcg beta levels decrease with dehydration
- Does dehydration cause low hcg levels
- Will dehydration affect creatinine level
- Low hcg levels and dehydration
- Troponin levels affect by dehydration
- Can dehydration affect beta hcg levels
- EMG report enclosed. Feeling warm hands & face, hematuria, stiffness,...
- Irritable sensation on the tongue. Poor perception of smell and taste....
- Took Ipill a while after period. How long will the affect last? Will it...
- What is the meaning of high eosinophil levels?
- Use multivitamins when stressed and depressed. Why is my face red and...
- Periods not stopping, light flow, cramping, losing weight, tests normal....
- Infrequent Stomach pain, nausea. Had Appendicitis inflammation. Are they...
- Can pomegranate be taken during pregnancy?
- Low platelet count due to Epstein-Barr viral infection. Swollen lymph...
- Egg ruptured, missed period. Taking Krimson35, asked to stop this....