Can dark itchy spots on palms be caused due to use of lactate Magnesium?

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Wat can be causing me to have dark spots on my palm that was itchy. I know noticed it happening after I used lactate magnesium
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Possible contactdermatitis due to lactatemagnesium Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. There are many reasons for dark spots on the palms and may be associated with dark spots on sole also. Syphilis (STD), Palmo-plantar psoriasis etc can manifest like that. As you said they are itchy and confined to palms only, it might be due to contact irritant dermatitis or an occupational dermatitis. Any chemicals or detergents or cleansing agents containing chemicals or handling of some synthetic materials, medicines are some of the causes. Occupational dermatitis includes farming, cattle caring, cement working, gardening and so many others. As you said it could be due to handling lactate magnesium also. If you apply some steroid containing creams along with oral antihistamines as per the guidance of a Dermatologist and avoidance of further direct contact will relieve your problem totally. DR S.Murugan