Can cyanocobalamin selenium be taken for increasing B12 levels?

Oncologist
Question
I have pernicious anemia caused by intrinsic factor deficiency. I receive monthly B12 injections; however, my B12 levels are still below the normal range. I'm considering using a once weekly B12 patch that contains 1000mcg Cyanocobalamin Selenium (Sodium Selenite) 200mcg . Is the selenium a concern?
1 day ago in Blood Disorders

Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Selenium

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking,

You should not be concerned about selenium. This product has a lot of benefits in our body.

Selenium supplements may be able to help prevent coronary disease, to fight inflammation, increase blood flow, reduce free radical oxidative stress, antioxidant activity and several others.

Best regards