Can curd rice cause vomiting during pregnancy?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Tue, 8 May 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: my wife is 24 weeks pregnant.
She is feeling very tired since morning. and she had head ache as well.

for afternoon lunch, she had only curd rice as she didn't feel having good lunch.

Now while having dinner, she felt uneasiness and vomitted the food she had for dinner.

please advise.

She travelled for 150kms on Saturday by train and again 150kms on Sunday by train.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Various causes

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Uneasiness and vomiting can be due to prolonged travel , gatroenteritis or gastritis.
She can take emset tablet if there are further episodes of vomiting.
Gastritis can be there and can be controlled by antacids.
However, should get a examination done including blood pressure to confirm the cause, by an OBGYN specialist and further treatment should be taken accordingly.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma'OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad