Can Costochondritis Cause Rib Pain On Both Sides?
Most likely to be a musculo skeletal problem.
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
Costochondritis pain is generally seen either in front of chest or the back side. Pain on the sides of ribs is usually due to musculo skeletal problems like muscle pull, weakness in chest bones or chest infection.
I would suggest pain killers ,local heat and deep breathing exercises. Also please get X ray Chest PA view, Bone densitometry, S Vit D3 and blood counts.
All the best for your speedy recovery. Please feel free to ask any other question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pain behind mid to lower section of right rib
- Costochondritis and hard lump on rib
- My bottom left rib has an extra rib
- Hard lump on top left rib
- Location of seventh right rib
- Heart palpitations below rib
- Fluid around the rib
- Fatty deposit on top of rib
- Hard lump first rib
- Extra rib below floating rib