Can consumption of butter influence cholesterol levels in blood?
Don't worry, it is not serious but take care to retain the kidney function
Welcome and thanks for your query.
I understand your concern.
Was the GFR calculated from your blood creatinine or did you do a 24 hour urine collection and it was done on that? If it is by calculation from your serum creatinine it is not as accurate as a 24 hour urine collection.
First of all the cause of low GFR is to be determined. It is important to control your blood pressure and your cholesterol values as these can delay the progression. Also you should check for diabetes and urinary infection if these have not been checked already.
Because your cholesterol is high, it is better to avoid butter. Margarine is better for you.
You should restrict all refined carbs as much as possible and should try to reduce the portions so that your total calorie intake decreases. Fats and oils are very rich in calories. This together with exercise would help you lose weight.
Also check for conditions like hypothyroidism or water retention which lead to weight gain.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How fast do blood cholesterol levels change
- Does cholesterol increase uric acid levels in blood
- High blood cholesterol levels
- Cholesterol blood levels
- Does smoking affect blood sugar and cholesterol levels
- Elevated blood uric acid and cholesterol levels
- 183mg blood cholesterol level
- How to reduce blood cholesterol level
- Cholesterol injested to increase blood cholesterol
- Random blood cholesterol levels