Can complications be prevented during surgery for a patient allergic to drugs?
If a patient is allergic to any drugs, there must be avoided in all circumstances. This is only way to prevent any reaction. There are medicines to cure any reaction intra operatively.
Yes she can go for both surgeries in one go if the procedure is recommended as it will avoid the need for repeated anaesthesia.
Having an ICU is always better as it is needed in case there is some emergency which is more likely in an allergic patient like yours.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of drug allergic reaction
- Drug allergic reaction causes
- Allergic reactions to sulfa drugs
- Allergic reaction to bactrim drug
- Septillin as anti allergic drug
- Symptoms of allergic drug eruptions
- Diagnosis of allergic drug eruptions
- Allergic drug eruptions causes
- Drugs to allergic bronchitis
- Symptoms of drug allergic reaction